For more than 20 years, our family law attorneys at The Micklin Law Group have represented the various needs of individuals and families throughout Northern New Jersey. We emphasize offering personal, prompt and personalized services to every client, every time.
At The Micklin Law Group, we understand how difficult divorce can be. That’s why we dedicate ourselves to providing excellent representation to each and every client.
In addition to family law and divorce, we offer tailored estate planning and probate services. Learn more about our experience by viewing our sample case results, reading our client testimonials or reaching out to us directly.
Comprehensive Family Law Services
We handle all issues that come up throughout the life cycle of a family, including:
- Divorce: We offer comprehensive representation to clients facing legal separation and divorce, including military divorce and the often complex high-asset divorce as well as mediation. Whether you have questions about child custody or support or you are wondering what the divorce process will look like in your situation, reach out to us.
- Child custody and visitation: We handle all issues related to child custody and visitation, now known as parenting time. We can help you create a parenting plan that meets the best interests of your children, as well as represent you in child custody modification, parental relocation or enforcement matters.
- Child support: From the initial determination of child support through special issues such as college contributions through to modification or enforcement, our skilled attorneys are here to advocate for you and your children.
- Spousal support/alimony: Whether you are seeking spousal support or you want help lowering or eliminating your alimony obligation, reach out to us. We can put forth a persuasive argument to support your goals.
- Property division: No separation or divorce is complete until you reach a property settlement agreement with mediation. Let us help you with all property division matters, including identifying what is marital property versus separate property and how to equitably divide marital debts.
- Post-decree modifications: Our family law attorneys are adept at handling either side of a modification request, including post-decree modification requests regarding child custody, parenting time, child support and alimony.
- Adoption: We take great joy in helping individuals grow their families through adoption. Talk to our dedicated team today to learn how we can help your family dreams become a reality.
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements: We advise our clients to create prenuptial agreements to protect themselves in the event of divorce. Prenups are often especially important for individuals with children from prior relationships or for individuals with special or extensive assets.
- Domestic violence: We represent victims of domestic violence in family court. We help with all related issues, including orders of protection/restraining orders and requests for modifying child custody and visitation.
- DYFS actions: If your family has been affected by actions taken by the Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS), reach out to our law firm for help.
Call Our Family Law Attorneys for a Free Consultation
When you want a family lawyer who will be dedicated to advocating for your family’s best interests, reach out to our Northern New Jersey family law attorney team here at The Micklin Law Group. We offer free consultations at our conveniently located office in Nutley, NJ. To learn more, contact our law firm online or call us at 973-562-0100.