For more than 20 years, our family law attorneys at The Micklin Law Group, LLC have represented the various needs of individuals and families throughout Northern New Jersey. We emphasize offering personal, prompt and personalized services to every client, every time.
At The Micklin Law Group, LLC, we understand how difficult divorce can be. That’s why we dedicate ourselves to providing excellent representation to each and every client.
In addition to family law and divorce, we offer tailored estate planning and probate services. Learn more about our experience by viewing our sample case results, reading our client testimonials or reaching out to us directly.
Comprehensive Family Law Services
We handle all issues that come up throughout the life cycle of a family, including:
- Divorce: We offer you comprehensive representation if you are facing divorce, including military divorce and the often complex high-asset divorce as well as mediation. Whether you have questions about child custody or support or you are wondering what the divorce process will look like in your situation, reach out to us and we will answer all your questions and create a plan around your needs.
- Child custody and visitation: We handle all issues related to child custody and visitation, now known as parenting time. We can help you create a parenting plan that meets the best interests of your children, as well as represent you in child custody modification, parental relocation or enforcement matters.
- Child support: From the initial determination of child support through special issues such as college contributions through to modification or enforcement, our skilled attorneys ensure your child support is calculated properly and modified promptly when applicable.
What Our Clients Say
“I am a Police Officer for Essex County New Jersey. I was having a custody battle with my 5-year-old child’s mother who was moving out of the state. I needed a lawyer who focused on domestic issues in a fair and impartial manner. Brad Micklin represented me and helped me get joint custody, reduce child support and dropped all false charges thrown at me by the child’s mom. I am living proof that if not for Mr. Brad Micklin, I would not be employed as a Police Officer today.” – Albert P.
- Spousal support/alimony: Whether you are seeking spousal support or you want help lowering or eliminating your alimony obligation, reach out to us. We can put forth a persuasive argument to support your goals and prepare you for the hearing you will have to appear for.
- Property division: No separation or divorce is complete until you reach a property settlement agreement. Let us help you with all property division matters, including identifying what is marital property versus separate or premarital property and how to equitably divide marital debts.
- Post-decree modifications: Our family law attorneys are adept at handling either side of a modification request, including post-decree modification requests regarding child custody, parenting time, child support and alimony.
- Adoption: We take great joy in helping individuals grow their families through adoption. Talk to our dedicated team today to learn how we can help your family dreams of being one big happy family become a reality.
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements: We advise our clients to create prenuptial agreements to protect themselves in the event of divorce. Prenups are often especially important for individuals with children from prior relationships or for individuals with special or extensive assets.
- Domestic violence: If you are a victim of domestic violence, we help with all related issues, including orders of protection/restraining orders and requests for modifying child custody and visitation as well as obtaining repayment of the legal fees you incurred to protect yourself.
- DYFS actions: If your family has been affected by actions taken by the Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCPP), formerly the Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS), reach out to our law firm for help.
Family Law and the Military
If you are a divorced military parent preparing for deployment, you have a lot of logistics to account for–not the least of which is making custody arrangements. If you are deploying for longer than 90 days, you may be required to relinquish your custody rights to a person of your choosing. Making this kind of modification to your previous agreement requires you to notify the child’s other parent in writing 10 or more days prior to a time-sharing modification hearing. Learn more about Military Family Law >
LGBTQ Family Law
Couples and individuals seek a family law attorney for many reasons, from the joys of adoption to the difficulties around divorce. We understand how complex your family matters can get, especially within the LGBTQ community. With all the recent legal changes that impact same-sex couples, now is the time to protect your family, and yourself, with the support of the trusted and experienced team at The Micklin Law Group, LLC. Learn more about LGBTQ Family Law >
Call Our Family Law Attorneys for a Consultation
When you want a family lawyer who will be dedicated to advocating for your family’s best interests, reach out to our Northern New Jersey family law attorney team here at The Micklin Law Group, LLC. We offer consultations at our conveniently located office in Nutley, NJ. To learn more, contact our law firm online or call us at 973-562-0100.