For more than 20 years, our family law attorneys here at The Micklin Law Group, LLC have been representing the unique needs of men going through a divorce in Northern New Jersey. We have built our reputation on personal, prompt, caring, and personalized services to you.
We understand how difficult divorce can be for everyone involved, but especially men. We dedicate ourselves to providing the attentive, customized representation you require. Learn more about our experience by viewing our Video Consultation Room, reading some of our many client testimonials and by reaching out to us directly at 973-562-0100.
Comprehensive Family Law Services
We handle all issues that come up throughout the life cycle of a family, including:
- Divorce: We offer comprehensive help if you are facing a divorce including often-complex high-asset divorce as well as mediation and drawing up the necessary court papers for amicable divorces. Whether you have questions about what the divorce process or child custody arrangements will look like in your situation, please reach out to us and we will answer all of your questions. Then, we can help you create a plan around your needs, budget and desired outcome.
- Child custody and visitation: Now called “parenting time,” we will handle all of the matters that relate to your custody and visitation rights. We can help you create a parenting plan that is in the best interests of your children as well as represent you in child custody modification, parental relocation, or enforcement matters.
- Child support: From working with you and the court in determining how child support is calculated through special concerns such as contributions to a post-secondary fund and modifications or enforcement, our skilled family law attorneys in Northern New Jersey ensure that support is calculated properly and modified promptly when your circumstances change.
Ready to start your next chapter?
“I am a Police Officer for Essex County New Jersey. I was having a custody battle with my 5-year-old child’s mother who was moving out of the state. I needed a lawyer who focused on domestic issues in a fair and impartial manner. Brad Micklin represented me and helped me get joint custody, reduce child support and dropped all false charges thrown at me by the child’s mom. I am living proof that if not for Mr. Brad Micklin, I would not be employed as a Police Officer today.” – Albert P.
Family Law Attorney for New Jersey Men
- Spousal support/alimony: Whether you are seeking spousal support or need help lowering your alimony obligation, we can put forth a persuasive argument to support your goals and prepare you for the hearing where you’ll be required to appear.
- Property division: No divorce can be finalized until an agreement is reached on the division of marital property and assets such as a pension fund that accumulated during the marriage. We will help you identify what is marital property as opposed to what a court will view as separate or premarital property, and how to equitably divide the remaining debt.
- Post-decree modifications: Our attorneys are adept at handling modification requests including those involving child custody and parenting time, child support, and alimony.
- Adoption: For family lawyers, there is nothing more joyful or rewarding than helping you grow your family through adoption. Talk to one of our dedicated team to see how we can help your dream of creating “one big happy family” become a reality.
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements: We advise clients to create a ”prenup” to protect themselves in the event of a divorce. These are especially important when there are children from a previous marriage or if one or both partners have special or extensive assets such as a business they’ve spent years building, real estate other than the marital home, an inheritance, and art or other collections.
- Domestic violence: If you or your children are victims of domestic violence, first call the police. When you and your children are safe, we can help you with all of the issues that arise as a result including protection and restraining orders, requests for modifying child custody and visitation, and even obtaining a repayment of the legal fees you incur to protect yourself and the children.
- DCPP actions: If your family is affected by an action taken by the Division of Child Protection and Permanency, formerly known as the Division of Youth and Family Services, reach out to us for help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Family law is an area of law that covers any legal issues concerning the family unit. Family law issues may involve current or former spouses, coparents, grandparents, and/or stepparents.
The most common cases of family law include divorces, custody cases, child support and spousal support modifications, prenuptial agreements, and stepparent and grandparents’ rights.
If you are a man getting divorced in New Jersey, we highly recommend you contact a divorce attorney for men. You’ll have to address complex issues such as spousal support, the division of your assets, and parenting issues if you are a father. These are difficult to handle on your own.
Your attorney can help you file your family law case in the county where you live. If you are new to New Jersey, there may be a waiting period for certain family law cases. Speak with a lawyer if you are concerned about your eligibility.
Different lawyers may be able to offer different services to suit your needs. For example, our attorneys focus on family law for men and fathers because we know they are more likely to pay child support and alimony and receive unfavorable custody arrangements. If you feel these are issues you’ll face during your case we may be a good fit.
Many men face complicated issues during divorce, custody cases, and other family law issues. We know how to help men and fathers navigate the family law courts and ensure their needs are met. We won’t allow your ex to take the upper hand and push you around.
When you hire a family law attorney, you don’t have to worry about the legal details of your case – we’ve got it covered! We know how family court judges in New Jersey generally operate and what we’ll need to prove in your case to obtain the outcome you deserve.
Contact Our Family Law Attorneys to Learn More
If you find yourself in a family law battle, do not hesitate to contact one of our family law attorneys in Nutley or Montclair. Let us help you fight for you and your family. We know family law issues forwards and backwards, and will advocate for your rights. Call us at 973-562-0100 to schedule your initial consultation to learn more.